Introduction to the Junos Operating System Training
Join Emergent Networks for an one day Introduction to Junos Operating System from Juniper Networks training class.
*Class limited to 10 people
This one-day CLASSROOM course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system and to configure Junos devices. The course provides a brief overview of the Junos device families and discusses the key architectural components of the software. Key topics include user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos devices.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1X46-D25.
April 6, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00PM
*Breakfast, Lunch and snacks will be provided
Emergent Networks Training Center
3600 Minnesota Drive, Ste 650
Edina, MN 55435
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices
- Navigate within the Junos CLI
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state
- Perform initial configuration tasks
- Configure and monitor network interfaces
- Describe user configuration and authentication options
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP
- Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices
- Identify and use network utilities
- Upgrade the Junos OS
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface
Thank you for your interest in this event. Registration is now closed. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.